I was in Utah for a week helping out with a new granddaughter and had the chance to see our wonderful AP, Elder Jason Brase, for a while. When he came, I happened to be up on the roof taking down Christmas lights that had come loose, so that was equally strange, but we had a wonderful visit! Jason was instrumental in helping President and I adjust to life in the mission! His support and love made us feel immediately at home in the APM.
He shared with me what it was like to go home and try to adjust to post-mission life. His advice will help as we counsel with the missionaries who leave to go home every 6 weeks of this mission. Don't know if I can get used to our missionaries having first names, but I will try!
Jason is currently serving in his BYU ward as an Elders Quorum President...no big surprise to us. Thank you, Elder Brase, for taking the time to come say hello. It was a wonderful visit to help out with baby Brooklyn, and equally wonderful to realize that Arizona is now feeling more like "home" to me. Family has taken on new meaning as we have added so many missionaries to our sons and daughters.
No comments:
Post a Comment