I think it is widely supposed that being an AP is a cushy job. It is not any more cushy than that of being a mission president. In other words, it is a whole lot of work! These men keep the Taylors up to speed, supported and organized in so many ways. They sacrifice time that they would love to be out teaching more to help President Taylor and myself. They are the example of how to live a divine companionship.
Elder Tyler Perkins and Elder Robert Falconer, our faithful friends.
We enjoyed our trip to the Mesa temple before transfers. Isn't it beautiful!
Here is a "revelation" I received after we came out from the temple. Elder Perkins and President Taylor were both on the phone cheerfully taking care of all the problems and questions that had come up from our missionaries while we were inside...and guess who had more calls to return? Yes, it was Elder Perkins. The Assistants run interference for President and it is much appreciated. They are an example of a "Nelson/Holland Companionship" where being Jr. or Sr. companion is not the focus...the focus is on more perfectly serving the Lord and each other.
We are grateful for their obedience, service and friendship!
2 comments:
Sis Taylor! (And President Taylor, too!) :)
What a wonderful blog! I read through all of it (except for the "older posts") and I can't believe that it has been about 4 months since you have left!
I have felt like I needed to write, but I never seem to get around to it. However, I just read an article in the current Ensign on training the new mission presidents, and in the picture I'm just positive that the back of one gentleman's head looks just like President Taylors! :) I took it as a sign. I gotta write!
I miss you tremendously, but that has been greatly eased by your sweet daughter and daughter-in-law. They are awesome visiting teachers, though just a tad less chatty :) Still, I love them!
I can tell that you are having a joyful experience on your missions, and I never expected anything else. I see all the pictures of you with the missionaries and I see a bunch of little preschoolers all grown up and loving their teacher just as much as ever!! I don't even know these guys, but tears come to my eyes as I feel the joy and excitement and challenge that it is to serve the Lord all over again and I know that you and your family are the inspiration and encouragement and love that Heavenly Father wants and needs for them right now. You continue to be a source of inspiration and growth in my life and I just wanted to let you know that I think of you often and I love you guys!
You are ALL awesome!
Love ya!
Amy Porter
This picture means more to me than you know.
When Tylers Grandparents were baptized in 1967, they waited their year and went to the Mesa Temple to be sealed as a family. They took three of their daughters and my mother was expecting me, Elder Perkins mom!
I look at it and am amazed that as my mother and father stood here and took pictures so stands their grandson serving and attending the temple 44 years later!
Post a Comment