Braden has started a daily Facebook post called "Meet This Missionary," where he includes a photo of him and one of the Arizona Phoenix Mission missionaries and some comments about the impact that missionary has had on him here.
In the past three days, he's posted about Elder Perkins, Elder Rivas and Elder Barrett. We'll try and re-post some from time to time, including the first three below.
We'd suggest you watch for them yourself by friending "Braden Jimmer Taylor" on Facebook — click here to link to his Facebook wall, where you can make a friend request.

Meet This Missionary!
Decided because I am surrounded by 200 wonderful Elders and Sisters that I would share with others and start posting a picture of a missionary with a little bit about them.
Meet This Missionary: Elder Perkins
One word to describe him: Powerful!
Most Memorable Moment with him: Hiking West Wing Mountain, talking with him before he was transferred out of the Assistant position.
Why he is a role model for me: He does everything he is asked to do with the best attitude and gets it done, he has the presence of the spirit at all times and is just a genuine person and makes everyone know they are loved.
What Elder Perkins means to me: From the first day I came down to Phoenix he has been there. By being one of the assistants to the president I got to interact with him a lot before he became a trainer and I enjoyed every minute with him. Elder Perkins is one of the most fun missionaries in the mission but knows when and where it is appropriate to be messing around. The only way I can express how much Elder Perkins has affected my life is with this one sentence
I would trust him with my life and do/give anything for him.

Meet This Missionary #2
Meet Elder Rivas
Elder Rivas is from: El Salvador
Something you may not know about Elder Rivas is: He can sing like Michael Jackson and won El Salvador's Got Talent with his amazing voice (sample of amazingness in link)
When I see Elder Rivas: I squat down to his height and give him a big hug
Most impressed by him because: He is called as an English Elder, but Spanish is his native language. So with English being his 2nd language I admire how well he speaks and communicates with others
What Elder Rivas means to me: Elder Rivas, from the moment I first met him I felt his spirit just illuminating the room. His smile is contagious to the point where even on the crappiest days I could see him and his smile just makes me smile and love life. He is a role model for me and an older brother to me. I just hope that I can be as good of a missionary as him when I serve my mission.

Meet This Missionary #3
Meet Elder Barrett
Elder Barrett is: One of the many elders in this mission from Canada
Last time I saw Elder Barrett: We joked around about how lucky I was to be around him 3 days in a row. It was said jokingly, but I really was and am lucky to be around a missionary like him.
One small thing I notice(d) about Elder Barrett: At the mission home on the front door there is a small metal plaque/sign that says "Return With Honor" and President (aka Dad) wanted to start a tradition where missionaries would tap that sign as they left the house. Elder Barrett, from the time my Dad has challenged that has done it every single time he has left the house. It was even last night where he was already halfway out to his truck and he turned around and ran back tot he door and tapped the sign, not forgetting he is going to do everything to "Return With Honor."
Favorite time/moment with Elder Barrett: We went hiking for a Zone P-Day activity and at a certain point we stopped and had a small testimony meeting where all 20+ of us bore our testimonies. I remember his testimony the most, not because he started everyone off, but because of the power and spirit in it. How I could tell that he absolutely knew what he believed in is true and what he is doing here in Arizona is the right thing to be doing.
What Elder Barrett means to me: Elder Barrett is the man. He always has a smile on his face, and he is one of the first to come greet me and ask me how I'm doing. I have enjoyed being around him and knowing what he has given up to be here along with every other missionary just speaks volumes to me. He is one of the most humblest missionaries in the mission, when he could have many reasons not to be. I really am luck to have the privilege to be here in Phoenix, Arizona, with The Elder Barrett.
No comments:
Post a Comment