PLEASE KEEP IN MIND...

WELCOME! This blog represents some of the activities or interactions with our amazing ARIZONA PHOENIX RETURNED MISSIONARIES 2011-2014 and some of our current family activities! Thank you, The Taylors

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Trainer/Trainee Meeting May 2012

 I made it to a meeting I usually do not get to attend...I had to think for a while why I had not been to all of it before and then remembered that in the past we held this meeting the Friday before transfers...when I am out shopping all morning for transfers while Pres is in the meeting so I have the car!



 So it was really fun to be there with all our new missionaries from the past two transfers along with their trainers.  I hung out with the newer missionaries to listen to their comments and to participate in that discussion...when I was not in the hall on medical calls (the story of my life:)

The amazing thing is the change in countenance of the missionaries.  They have confidence in themselves and what they are doing and IT SHOWS!
 It was such a productive discussion!  So positive and helpful for both groups of missionaries!  It is not easy to be a new missionary and it is not easy to be a trainer...it is not easy to be a missionary Period!

But we truly have THE BEST!  They have great attitudes and are trying so hard to be obedient.  As such, they are really happy in their work.
We also appreciate our Assistants who lead the discussions in each group.  They have the Spirit as their guide.  Elder Barrett was an old pro at it on his first time being in charge!
 This picture is all of our Corvallis, Oregon missionaries...Elder Shute, Elder Freeman, myself (born there) and Sister Folsom.  Pretty cool to have 4 of us from one place outside of Idaho or Utah in a mission!!!
We thought these elders had a pretty sweet ride home from the meeting...and yes, they all fit in that sporty car!  We appreciate our members who help out with rides!

Great Meeting to prepare for transfers next week!

No comments: