PLEASE KEEP IN MIND...

WELCOME! This blog represents some of the activities or interactions with our amazing ARIZONA PHOENIX RETURNED MISSIONARIES 2011-2014 and some of our current family activities! Thank you, The Taylors

Thursday, July 10, 2014

BACK TO PROVO LIFE...


 We had an adventurous trip back to Provo...President Taylor promptly fell asleep after driving a couple hours and it was my turn to drive...well, I happily drove and chatted with Breanna and every once and a while I would ask her to check her phone to see if we were on the right track.

When I saw the "Welcome to California" sign I was pretty sure I missed a turn somewhere:)

So, we went the LONG way home!  It was pretty funny!  Spent the night in Mesquite and headed the rest of the way to Provo the next day.
 This is the sight that met our eyes in our front door...a welcome home poster from ARIZONA FRIENDS!!!! Thanks Dana and Lorena!
 There was even a little cactus in a pot to make us feel at home!
 Then, when we went inside...after finally tracking down someone with keys to the house...we found that our ward had come in and cleaned up after the new carpet install and left a HUGE poster signed by everyone!

 There was food in the fridge...HAPPY DAY, I did not have to go to the store, I was so tired!
 AND...the best thing of all that I had missed...

BYU  LIGHT  RANCH  DRESSING!!!!!

It is the best of the best!  THANK YOU SUNSET 11 WARD
 The cupboards were full and there were meals in the fridge and freezer!!
 The next day it was a race to see which would come first...the moving truck or our daughter and her family.

Actually, the kids arrived first and the moving truck arrived later.

We put everyone to work marking off boxes and sending them where we could begin to make some order out of them.
See our pretty view of "Y" mountain?

Here is one of the best things from being home...grandkids romping with grandpa!!

We have been so busy unpacking and organizing that it helps us not miss our mission as much.
It is very hard to leave something that has meant so much to us and has literally been our lives the past 3+ years.

We know we were supposed to be serving in the ARIZONA PHOENIX MISSION.  The Lord takes great interest in our lives and places us in the paths of those we need to have influence over.  We also have a strong witness that the Griffins are in the right place at the right time.  We love them so much!
The mission is in very capable hands and hearts.  I bear my witness that this is God's work.  We are instruments in His hands and he is very aware of each one of us.  The Gospel is true, this is Christ's restored Church in its fulness.  May we all do our best to live it, love it and share it every day of our lives!  Missionary tags are worn inside the heart forever!

No comments: