PLEASE KEEP IN MIND...

WELCOME! This blog represents some of the activities or interactions with our amazing ARIZONA PHOENIX RETURNED MISSIONARIES 2011-2014 and some of our current family activities! Thank you, The Taylors

Sunday, March 23, 2014

SISTER SPECIALIZED TRAINING March 2014

 PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINE FOR OVER 200 PHOTOS OF THIS EVENT!!


This was the dawn of a beautiful day with the 66 younger Sister Missionaries and an additional 8 Senior Sister Missionaries of the ARIZONA PHOENIX MISSION.

The theme of our day was..."I AM!"

 We met at the base of a hike overlooking the new Phoenix Temple which is completing construction in our mission.

President Taylor went and got some great photos of the temple with the sun behind it and of the surrounding area...check out the link above for more incredible photos!

Two years ago, I took our then 26 Sister Missionaries hiking at this same location...and today we were 66 strong!  I wondered if I was crazy to attempt this, but was proven that it was the right thing to do!  We chatted and learned the entire hike, and it was the perfect start to a full day of learning together.

We start each day exercising, so this was really fun to be all together.  We had the Sisters from up north come spend the night in the valley so we could get an early start.
And the weather was PERFECT!
 You can see the temple in the background as we started up the side of the hill.
 We love to see our Sisters together...they love and serve each other!
Serving a mission is...well, HARD!  So we really rely on each other to make it fun and to fulfill our purpose in a happy way!









At 4 points along the hike we stopped for little lessons from our 4 sets of Sister Training Leaders.  Our first stop was by Sisters Summerhays and Neary.  They talked about having building companionship inventories based on the Doctrine of Christ.
"I AM LIVING THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST"

 Our next stop we listened to Sisters Muhlestein and A Walker.
They shared a bunch of fun, serious and real "I Am" statements with us and helped us be REAL about who we are!

"I AM REAL"(imperfect, but humble and teachable)
 Up at one of the top points we stopped for a picture including one of all of us that were wearing our APM tee shirts.  LOOKING GOOD!



LOOK AT THIS!!!  Isn't is BEAUTIFUL??
These are the Sisters of the Arizona Phoenix Mission (minus Sis Jones who had injured herself the day before and was taking it easy)
OH HOW WE LOVE THESE YOUNG LADIES!  THEY ARE ANGELS ON THE ERRAND OF THE LORD!

We heard from another set of STL's, Sisters Jackson and Probeyahn.  We were reminded...
"I AM POSITIVE"
 We started heading down the hill and made our next stop
 ...where we heard from STL's Sister Carter and E Walker.

They built us up and reminded us that "I AM ABLE TO DO HARD THINGS."
 Our last stop was overlooking the temple where I talked to our sweet Sisters about how our paths should always lead to the temple...
"I AM FOCUSED ON THE TEMPLE."
 Next we all hiked down and separated out to go get showered and dressed for our afternoon session.

We all met back at the church building where we had our clothing exchange and lunch.
We had fun with some TALL/SHORT photos and lots of in between!  Check out the link above to see a few more photos of your sweet Sisters!


So many happy faces!











We gathered before our afternoon chapel session for a photo in front of our beautiful temple!  Isn't it amazing!

 The music for our afternoon session was great!


Sisters Matuauto and Taylor were accompanied by Sister Carrigan singing "I Will Find You My Friend."
We had guest speakers Hannah Rawhouser and Chad Bowman from LDS Family Services come teach us about how important we are, and how we can learn to be more REAL as we learn how to have just the right mix of dependence and independence, just the right mix of emotion and logic.  It was eye opening!

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the truths it holds...they care for us spiritually, emotionally, temporally and in every other way!
 We had another beautiful musical number by Sister Clark...she is a master pianist!
"The Restoration Medly"  Beautiful!
 Another musical number by Sisters Welch and Pickett, "Come Unto Christ" translated into Spanish.   Loved it!!!



We had Sisters Juchau, Morris and King from the Mission Presidency speak to us...
"I AM FILLED WITH PURPOSE, SUCCESFUL and BECOMING"

"I AM A COVENANT DAUGHTER OF GOD"

"I AM MODEST AND BEAUTIFUL"

And President Taylor and I finished up with " I AM WHAT IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD."


I WAS
I AM
I WILL BE

 We finished with another musical number by Sisters Jensen, Moore and Polander accompanied by Sister Muhlestein. "The Olive Tree."


  IAM WHAT'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD!

No comments: