PLEASE KEEP IN MIND...

WELCOME! This blog represents some of the activities or interactions with our amazing ARIZONA PHOENIX RETURNED MISSIONARIES 2011-2014 and some of our current family activities! Thank you, The Taylors

Friday, June 27, 2014

OUT WITH SISTERS JUNE 2014

 One of my MISSION GOALS has been to try to go out teaching with each Sister in the mission twice while they serve.  I was doing pretty good with this until the big WAVE OF SISTER MISSIONARIES after the new age requirement drop of 2 years.  I realized I would not have time to reach that goal and that I would be blessed to get to go out with them even ONCE while we served together.
I have been plugging away at this goal and doing very well, but the end is in sight and I had some of my newest Sisters I was trying to get out with, along with a couple who were up in Prescott.  So, I was able to schedule some really good lessons this month!
First, I went out with Hermanas Zelaya and Santana. We taught a sweet, humber woman about the law of chastity and it was wonderful to see her accept and love that law and desire it for her family.

Then, up in Prescott, I finally got to go out with Sister Collette and Jensen.  We went to the home of JP where we were welcomed and got to feel the Spirit as we talked about how we can rely on the Lord and His Atonement to help us with any issues we are trying to overcome.




We had help from wonderful ward members in teaching her. We learned that we need to be able to forgive ourselves along the way and not beat ourselves up as we are in this mortal path.




 The next night in Prescott I finally made it out with Sister DeMille and Ratto.  I had not been with Sister DeMille when she was in the valley, and was so excited to spend the evening with them.  We had a wonderful opportunity to bless the life of a handicapped member and to offer a message to her caregiver as well as offer to send missionaries to the father of the caregiver way over in Australia.  The Lord knows His children and what they need wherever they are and puts us in their paths to offer help.
Another of our newer Sisters is Sister Louchez and her companion Sister Neary.
We made the connection this week as well and although our contact was not able to follow through on his lesson, we talked to him to reschedule, and met another new young man who just "happened" to be hanging out on the stairwell of the first young mans apartment.  We had a message and prayer with him and scheduled a lesson as well.  Then we met a less active and had a visit and invited them to an activity and Church.
I finished our mission with a visit with Sisters Esplin and Baldwin...awesome night with them teaching a woman who needs the Gospel in her life!  They do such a loving job of sharing the joy of the Gospel!

I promise you, the Lord puts each of us in the path of people who need us.  I do not know if I realized that so much before this mission.  I know it happens to all of us.  We just need to be aware.  Pray to be aware of who is placed in your path that you can make a difference to, and who you can invite to do something to bring them closer to Jesus Christ.

My personal goal was to go out with each Sister in this mission at least once!  I had to recognize that I could not actually go out with the very newest missionaries, but I was able to go out with hundred plus Sisters 1-4 times each!  This was the best thing I could ever had done!  LOVE MY SISTERS!

No comments: