PLEASE KEEP IN MIND...

WELCOME! This blog represents some of the activities or interactions with our amazing ARIZONA PHOENIX RETURNED MISSIONARIES 2011-2014 and some of our current family activities! Thank you, The Taylors

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kigueta/Borrows Visit

We had been anticipating Hermana Kigueta/Borrows bringing her Mom to visit us all month!  They were completing a wonderful "Mother-Daughter" trip to Mexico that sounded just SO FUN!  It was great to have them in our home for an evening and just to sit and talk!  We love getting to know the families of our missionaries.  We gain greater insight into what makes them tick.  Family is SO IMPORTANT.
Lindsay has great plans for her future and will succeed in whatever she puts her heart into.  That we know for sure!  WE LOVE YOU LINDSAY!

This picture demands a little explaining...and an apology.
The Mission Home has been home to the big fork and spoon you see being held here.  They are dear to the heart of the missionaries, who love to take them off the wall and pose in funny pictures with them.  Braden called the spoon the "spanking spoon." I can see how it would be effective.
Well, tonight when President Taylor went to put his arm around me for a different picture, the spoon crashed to the hard tile floor and, it was history :(
To make the room look more balanced, I moved the fork over to the larger wall area to take the place of where the spoon had been.  It looked good.
The next day I opened the door of the fridge too far and it bumped the fork and...well, it fell and shattered.
I should have cried, but I laughed and laughed to think that the fork could not live without the spoon...they were perfect companions in life and death!!  I am sorry Sister Beck for the untimely death of Mr and Mrs Utensil!

No comments: