PLEASE KEEP IN MIND...

WELCOME! This blog represents some of the activities or interactions with our amazing ARIZONA PHOENIX RETURNED MISSIONARIES 2011-2014 and some of our current family activities! Thank you, The Taylors

Sunday, January 12, 2014

COOL ZONE ACTIVITY!


 I did not dare publish this until now because the missionaries were working on Christmas Surprises.  And I apologize in advance if any of them saved this for Mother's Day...ACT SURPRISED!

Anyways, a district here in Peoria asked if I would help them with an activity to frame nametags on shirt fronts, something we had talked about the week before.  I said of course...and then it expanded into the entire zone!
 This was more than I bargained for, but I made a couple more trips to Michaels for more shadowbox frames, borrowed several glue guns and we were in business!
 It truly was fun to see missionaries memorializing something that means so much to them!
 We were spread all over the house...

 ...and the kitchen was a hub of activity!
 We had a box of old ties they could use if they wanted...

 ...and for our mission, the PAPER PLANNERS which are a thing of the past, become truly a memory worth holding onto!  You cannot frame an iPad mini the same way!



For Sisters, I had a bunch of shirts from our clothing exchange that were perfect...and we added some pearls like a necklace.  They turned out really pretty.
 I wish you could see Elder Albrecht's up close...his was 1/2 for his Sister on a mission and 1/2 for him serving a mission at the same time!


Elder Wilkinson...now in Australia, frames himself so well!


 This was a creative effort of LOVE!


If I was a Pinterest person...these would go online!  SUPER CREATIVE!

Some used mission pins, some used mission pens, all were different.


Parents, you have very special children who love you so very much...but recognize that not all of them made frames.  This was a Preparation Day Activity that was optional.  They always choose how they want to spend their free time that day.

If any of YOU desire to make a frame, or know that your missionary in another zone wants to make one, I have about 5 frames left they can buy from me, just have them contact me and I will get them a kit of materials and help them through how to do it.
 Have a great week!  Sister Taylor

No comments: