I did take sort of a needed break a few weeks ago, as I was incredibly busy (like that is anything new) but I do not want you to miss seeing your sweet daughters that I have been out teaching/working with.
I may have missed some photos...I will try to look back and see...but for now, here we go.
In November I went out with Hermanas Santana and Dayton...they were not actually companions, but Sister Santana was there for the night on exchanges, so that was a treat! I love teaching in Spanish, and we ALMOST got to teach in Spanish...but the truth is, both lessons that night, the family wanted in ENGLISH! It is a fact of teaching in the United States in Spanish...some children so not speak Spanish in the home, and some parents prefer hearing it in English as well.
Anyways, it was a great night with these two wonderful teachers!I hope you saw the blog post about going out with Brother Scow to learn about picking cotton! This was all arranged by Sisters Ratto and Barnett who live with the Scow family.
We had a blast being with them for the afternoon and sharing dinner with them and the Scow family. I get to go back out to Buckeye this month to teach a lesson with them! Can't wait!
In December I also went out with Sister Training Leaders Sister Vallejo and Probeyahn.
We visited two families, yes FAMILIES and taught the Gospel.
Parents, if you could hear these people tell how much they love your daughters, it would warm your heart!
They get to see people make changes in their lives. We heard the young man in one family pray for the first time at our lesson!
Last week I went out with Sisters McCoard and Barlow.
We had SO MUCH FUN!
Hard to believe it, but teaching is really such a spiritual boost, we are blessed as we follow the Spirit and teach what we know, from the heart!
Here again, we taught a FAMILY! They will be baptized soon, and each shared what the Doctrine of Christ meant to them in this lesson!
Later this week I went out with Hermanas J Turner and Jenson! And this time we DID get to teach in Spanish! I love sharing what I can in this language. We met a wonderful FAMILY yet again...our Sisters are doing a great job!
We talked to the sweet Dad and helped him see that he has the desire for an eternal family. He now has the desire to be baptized to help make that happen, and he prayed for the first time with us! Tender and beautiful experience!
This week I was busy going out with Sisters yet again!
Hermanas Woo and Welch invited me to go with them to a lesson in Spanish with a woman they had just been referred to, and when we got there, the husband also joined us and we had a wonderful discussion in Spanish with them teaching them about the Book of Mormon as another witness of Jesus Christ.
When people take time to listen, they realize that they already believe many similar principles that we do...and we have common ground to start with. This was the great experience we had today! GREAT TEACHERS and their Spanish is getting so good!
I FINALLY got to go out with Sister Stanley after trying to for about 3 months! She and Hermana Baumgartner serve way out in the middle of what they call "PAULDEN USA!" It is a rural community that they just LOVE! It was really a blast to go with them to a dinner appointment with one of the Spanish Sisters in the ward...oh my, the BEST chili rellenos ever!!
Then we went to do some service and a message for a newly returning member who just had a baby, then to try to report to the RS President and then to meet the Stevens family to teach a message to them also about the Book of Mormon and how it can bless our lives even when things get tough.
They loved showing me the muddy, deep rutted roads, how the dirt got on our skirts and the tumbleweeds grabbed onto the hem of mine!
Can you just see the joy that they bring into the homes of those that they love so much? It is really contagious!
These young Sisters LOVE the people they teach, they LOVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ and know how it blesses us to be happy as we obey the commandments. They are selfless and serve others with full purpose and THEY HAVE FUN DOING IT!I finished up this month...(I think) back out with Sisters Barnett and Ratto out in Buckeye area. I had been trying to get out with Sis. Ratto in a teaching appointment for a long time, and was so glad to teach with them. They are loved so much by their investigators, and you can see the joy in their faces as they love what they do! It was a joy to be with them!
What we teach is true. We encourage you to go out with missionaries in your area. Invite people into your home to hear a message. Get involved however you can in your ward missionary efforts! The blessings of sharing the Gospel are very real. I promise you will be blessed as you follow the example of your sweet daughters and share what makes you happy.
THANK YOU FOR THE BEST DAUGHTERS EVER! You have done a wonderful job raising them!
No comments:
Post a Comment