PLEASE KEEP IN MIND...

WELCOME! This blog represents some of the activities or interactions with our amazing ARIZONA PHOENIX RETURNED MISSIONARIES 2011-2014 and some of our current family activities! Thank you, The Taylors

Friday, May 30, 2014

OUT WITH SISTERS(and a couple Elders...) MAY 2014

 May is here...hard to believe, but true!  I have been able to get out with several Sister Companionships this week, which has made for an incredibly busy week, but so fulfilling!

First I was able to go out with Sisters McAllister and Taylor...I have been waiting to go out with another Sister Taylor since our last one was split into the Tempe mission last summer!  You can never have too many Sister Taylors!!  They are wonderful teachers and we had the best time working with an investigator preparing for baptism.
They use testimony as the most powerful tool in their quiver!
The next night I got to go with Sisters Coleman and Meyer.  We had a correlation meeting and then went to visit a couple people, one of whom did not work out, but we met some really cool Iranian children and youth and scheduled a follow-up with one of the youth and his mother for the next night.  He wrote all our names in Arabic for us!

 It was great to see the love and happiness these two Sisters bring to all they come in contact with.  And how organized and on top of things they are in their meetings.  It is obvious that they ward loves them and has trust in them!
 The next night, I went with Sisters Beazer and Franz to a sweet family they are reactivating.  I love hearing how much these families love "their missionaries!"

They have goals to be back in the temple soon with children doing baptisms and looking forward to have Dad baptize his youngest daughter as well!
Way to go Sisters Beazer and Franz!

These Sisters are truly turning outward in trying to share the joy of the Gospel with others.  I admire them so much!
 This Sister I got to be with on a different kind of visit...to the Surgical Center for a procedure!  Sister E Walker and I had a fun day if you can call it that!  She was a real trooper!
 We got her over to the Mission Home to recuperate and eat some lunch and dinner!
This Sister showed me a talent she has this week at Zone Conference...she carved the most beautiful angel out of soap and gave it to me for my birthday!  THANKS SISTER JENSEN!!!
 I got to go for my second time out to the Paulden/Chino area of Prescott Zone.

Sister Bennett and Stanley were perfect tour guides and we met some great people in that area who are so lucky to have these two great Sisters!
 This week I went way out to BUCKEYE where you can tell by the smell that you are in farm country!
Sisters Gacutan and Messick took me to teach and meet some more great people way out in more of the more obscure parts of the mission.
Loved the "Creepy City of Lights" as one part is nicknamed.




And today I was invited to listen to two more Sisters as they did a presentation at a baptism!  They did a great job teaching about the Doctrine of Christ and invited all to look at their own level of conversion.
Great job Sisters Hontanosas and K Harris!



 The week of May 18 I was a busy bee as well...

Went out with Sisters Young and Barlow to teach a great member how to INDEX and how to use FAMILY HISTORY as a missionary tool!
They were awesome!
 Then I went out with Sisters Wooden and Brewer to teach Jeff...one of their very cool investigators, who they made this amazing BOOK OF MORMON TIMELINE.

He was very excited to have it and it meant a lot to him that they took the time!
 I loved being part of a lesson with them and some great members in their ward who help teach and fellowship.

You can see the joy of the gospel in the faces of these sweet Sisters.  They love what they know and are so happy to share it!




Here I am with Sisters Hutchinson and Hunt!!   We spent the afternoon contacting potential investigators...checking to see who lives in the area still and who may be ready now to have the Gospel in their lives.  It was really fun for me, since I speak Spanish, to be able to talk with people we met who speak that language.  I was able to pray with a family, talk to another really cute one, and get 2 referrals for the Spanish Sisters in that area!  We may not have had SUCCESS in the way you would define it, but in Preach My Gospel standards, we DID!  We felt the Spirit, were able to testify, were able to bring hope and joy to people we talked with and we helped organize and update their records which I know brings joy to God as well.



Next this week I went on splits with Sister Hale since her companion, Sister Manwill, was sick :(

We taught Chantrey, an amazing young man.  We were joined by a sweet "almost member" in our stake, Taylor, who was every bit as prepared to be a missionary as we were...we LOVED teaching together and the three of us took turns sharing our testimonies and asking questions etc.  It was truly an inspiring evening!

It's pretty cool to get to be companions for the night with a Sister Missionary!  I love being with BOTH in a companionship, but it is a thrill getting to BE THE COMPANION!!
 OK, I slipped in a visit with some Elders this week...to our ward friend Dr Staples!  What a good name for an orthopedic surgeon!!

He has been an awesome help to the Mission and was able to really get us some good advice for Elders Salas and Maxey here!
THANKS DR/BROTHER STAPLES!
OK, My moment for the week was arriving to meet Sisters Welch and Pickett at what I thought was JUST ON TIME...to witness the prayer at  a lesson, just to realize it was the CLOSING PRAYER!  I put 7:30 in my planner and it was at 7!!  But I got to go in and meet Karla and her adorable family and be taught the lesson by the almost 9 year old daughter...perfect way to check for understanding and she did great!
That's because she has the BEST TEACHERS IN THE WORLD...Mom and Missionaries!!



Last weekend we went to a baptism that Hermanas Lechner and Millett got to speak at.  It was a HAPPY DAY for Karla, who was so excited to be baptized.  She belongs to a large Church family!
They did a great job teaching!
 The Sisters introduced me to a young 12 year old in their Branch who is the WARD PIANIST AND ORGANIST!!!  He was amazing!
 Sunday at the advice of our mission doctor, we decided to check out Elder Andrus to make sure that an infection he had was really under control.
So, we spent a good share of the day in the ER with him.  As you can see, he was a pleasant companion for us and we were grateful that all tests came back saying he was truly on the mend and we had no worries.

It was a pleasure visiting with him and philosophizing and getting to know him better.

One thing we know for sure...Elder Andrus has had and continues to have a great purpose in this mission!  He is an incredible person with so much he shares with everyone he comes in contact with!
We are grateful to call him our mission son!

 Sunday night I went out with Sisters Hixson and H. Harris.  Our first appointment fell through, so Sister Harris prayer was answered that we really got to go meet Trin.  She is being taught by the Sisters.  Her husband is already a member.  They are such a great family!

And...I got to hold baby Tu Edelweiss.  She is adorable!

 We truly have amazing people to associate with in this mission.  I love each one as an individual and how they collectively make up this great force for good called the Arizona Phoenix Mission!
When we got back to the Church, we met up with Sisters Esplin and Baldwin who came riding up on bikes!  Aren't they all just adorable?? Even in helmets they radiate the light of the Gospel!



Tuesday night I had the privilege of going to a lesson with Sisters Bailey and McCoard...what you DID NOT SEE was Sister Bailey dancing around after the first pose we tried to set up that placed her directly in a HUGE ant frenzy!
That was pretty funny!  We had the best lesson with a man who will be baptized in a couple weeks, that will complete a family and allow them to be sealed in the temple next year! YAY!


The last Friday of this month I got to do something I had been waiting for a long time...to go out on BIKE with the Sisters.
Sisters Matuauto and Steimle invited me and we had the best time biking to an appointment with Brett and back.  Yes, it was one of the hottest day this Spring, but it was really fun to see what it is like for them!  I admire them very much!


I love being out with all these great young Sisters(and Elders)!  They are here against many odds in their lives, and know where to turn for their own peace as well as how to turn others towards the comfort and joy the Atonement allows each of us!

No comments: