PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINE TO GO TO WEB ALBUM OF ALL PHOTOS OF THIS EVENT
September started out in the very best way...
with our MISSION LEADERSHIP COUNCIL held at the Mission Home.
Front: Sisters Baumgartnwe, Hansen, Dayton, Sister and President Taylor, Sisters Pickett, Follett and Larson. Middle: Elders Parsons, Wardle, Wilson, Weiler, Wade, Bangerter, B Jones, Gerritsen, Bartleson, Knobbe, Baker and Nield. Back: President Juchau, Elders O'Neal, Cardoso, Hughes, Davies, Lower, Gorham, Knabbe, Bradfield, Brothers and H Peterson.
We were blessed with 5 new leaders in this council: Elders Weiler, Parsons, Wade, Hughes and Knabbe.
They are all prepared and ready to serve in this capacity.
As usual, lunch break is a highlight where they all enjoy just visiting and relaxing a bit.
We love having them in our home and feeding them...makes us feel more like parents now that we are empty nesters!
We were blessed to be taught by President Taylor, President Juchau and the Assistants today. The Spirit was our constant companion throughout the day. With all the meetings we have, I am always amazed at how much more I can be taught and I recognize that it is because of the Spirit. I am so grateful for that and to know that our potential is limitless.
I also love that we have Sister Training Leaders that I get to break off with and do some training and consulting with.
Today they helped me plan some things for Sister Specialized Training that is in 2 weeks, and we planned some skills training to do the following day at Leadership Training.
They are GREAT! So down to earth and ready to serve! They are truly our daughters!
Today I served a couple of Chinese salads and eggrolls for lunch...hence we had fortune cookies with our dessert.
I had to laugh when I saw my fortune...
How did they know??? Truly, this is my life on a mission!
Every day brings unexpected and thrilling surprises. Some are challenging and others are pure joy. All of them help me to progress and grow and feel fulfilled.
We LOVE our mission assignment here with your sons and daughters. They are beautiful people learning Gospel principles by practicing them in faith. It is the hardest thing we have ever done in our lives, yet truly rewarding...so close to having children of our own! Thank you for raising these wonderful spirits! The Gospel of Jesus Christ is perfecting them as they serve!
No comments:
Post a Comment