If you saw our post about W Maricopa Interviews, you saw our incredible Elder Homer...on a mat on the floor mostly!
We had been working to try to relieve the back pain that had come back from a previous surgery less than a year ago. And it was just not working very well.
Elder Homer came and stayed all day and listened. He is an incredible missionary. His companion, Elder Gorham, loves him and his ward is crazy about him as well! We only hear great things about how hard he worked as a missionary!
However, we could not give him the care he needed here in Phoenix, so he is now back home in Utah to recover and we will see if he is able to return back to us very soon or not. Time will tell!
He knows, as we do, that a mission is a parallel path as we travel the path back to Heavenly Father. It is one of many good choices we make. He will be on the same path in Utah that he was on here. We loved him from the start and we love him to the finish...that means FOREVER!
Good Luck Elder Homer! May the Lord bless you to recover quickly and help you feel great and able to do what He will have you do next!
1 comment:
Sister Taylor, just read your post about Elder Homer not fun.........back pain and then having to go home. I saw that he lives in Utah and I live in Utah. I was thinking maybe he lives close by and I could visit or something. Can you tell me where in Utah and also I would love to have ELder Knabes mothers address. Elder Albrecht had some very kind words about Elder Knabe being his trainer and first companion. I would love to pass along these words. I know as a mom I love to hear good things about my son. One more thing thank you for keeping this blog. I love seeing all the fun things going on in the mission as well as the fun pictures of Conner and all the missionaries. Love to see that big smile. Thanks for all you and Pres. Taylor do for these young kids they are awesome missionaries. I know Elder Albrecht sure does love you and for this I thank you for your kindness and love you share for them. Sister Albrecht
Post a Comment