PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINE FOR ALL PHOTOS OF THIS EVENT
Our second day of interviews was with GLENDALE ZONE. Each zone has their unique personality.
Interviews are held quarterly. The main purpose is for President Taylor to meet with each missionary to check in and counsel together with them.
Meanwhile, I and the zone leaders are able to do training with the rest of the zone. We love this time!
One of the things I do is bring some sort of game with a purpose.
Today we played...well, there is not a name for it really. I will call it "Zone Talk."
I asked a series of questions and as missionaries answered, they got to catch the ball of string we tossed around.
The questions were things like; when did you know you wanted to serve a mission, how can older missionaries help you as a new missionary, what do you want to be remembered for in the Arizona Phoenix Mission, etc.
It was pretty reflective and very thought provoking.
When we were done, we had created this beautiful "WEB" or "NETWORK" by sharing. It was a safety net to keep our beach ball afloat.
OK, I have no idea how I combined about 5 photos to look like an action shot, but it is pretty cool. It just saved this way...
VEHICLE SAFETY was next. Our own Elder Rodgers came to teach bike safety and to inspect all vehicles and present CLEAN CAR AWARDS. As you can see, a perfect score was given today and he is bowing to Elders Brothers and Knobbe. A rare occasion!
We also celebrated JULY BIRTHDAYS!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO:
Sister Rodgers
Elder Allen, whose birthday was that day!
Elder D. Bolinger
The wonderful zone leaders presented and discussed how obedience overlays the entire mission and ministry of the Savior. It is a great discussion and reminder of how joyful obedience really is.
I love the example of Jesus Christ and his obedience to His Father.
I have to say how impressed we are with our new missionaries!
They jump right in and participate in whatever they are asked to do. Today Elder Hernandez was asked to role play the senior companion in helping his Jr companion to be more obedient...and he was a superstar in being loving and making it a WE THING instead of a YOU THING.
Good job Elder Hernandez and Knobbe!
We had an amazing discussion today after watching the film "The 5000 Days Project: Two Brothers."
Everyone really opened up and shared what the film made them think about and it was really very personal and trusting.
We belong to a Mission Family. There is something incredible, almost miraculous about how that has evolved and how it just gets better and better.
When you belong to the FAMILY OF GOD and have His restored truths, anything is possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment