PLEASE KEEP IN MIND...

WELCOME! This blog represents some of the activities or interactions with our amazing ARIZONA PHOENIX RETURNED MISSIONARIES 2011-2014 and some of our current family activities! Thank you, The Taylors

Friday, December 20, 2013

JUMP DOWN, TURN AROUND, PICK A BALE OF COTTON! Dec 2013

 PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINE FOR ALL PHOTOS OF THIS EVENT

I fulfilled one of my ARIZONA BUCKET LIST items last Saturday!  I got to see and ride in a cotton picking machine!!!  It was beyond my dream.
We went with Brother Scow from Buckeye at the invitation of the Sisters who live at their home.

He took us in his truck to show us all about cotton farming and the equipment it takes to do it.
One of the newer machines is one that makes round modules, wraps them and then is able to pick them up and move them, all on one tractor.
It was pretty cool to watch!
 Brother Scow then took us out to watch a traditional cotton picker that dumps to make compressed rectangle bales.

There was a broken bale and we had a mini snowball fight!  Sisters Barnett and Ratto were dressed in their scarves and ready for fake snow.
 Don't you love how Google plus thought this photo was of snow and added the falling snow feature?  Pretty perfect I think!
 Our daughter Breanna was out for a visit and we enjoyed some photos together as well in the soft pile.
I really like this one of the Sisters and President...looks really classy!  I think we will be seeing this one in an upcoming transfer video or something!
OK, here is the tractor dumping the cotton that it has picked so far.
 And here I am after my ride with Jose on the cotton picker.  It was so cool!  Jose was very gracious, and my Spanish came in handy!

Our daughter got a ride as well, but her German didn't work. ")
And here are the reason we love FIELDS WHITE AND READY TO HARVEST!

I am sure I will be using these photos in an upcoming training for missionaries.  The harvest is good, and it is now!

So, thrust in your sickle with all of your might, labor to do your part!

Jump Down...Turn Around...Pick a Bale of Cotton!

No comments: