Today we had interview day with the great Phoenix Zone! If you have not read any of the other posts, you need to know that Interviews with Mission Presidents are held quarterly, and the main purpose is for him to check in personally with each of our 215 (and counting) sons and daughters here in the Mission!
The style in which interviews are held varies widely and there is no "right" and "wrong" way...
...just different styles.
Where we can travel to our zones easily and where they are all within about 15 minutes of each other in most zones, we get them all together for a day of instruction with myself and the Zone Leaders. It is a mini Zone Meeting/Zone Conference. We LOVE it!
Elder Rodgers always comes and inspects the vehicles and does training on car and bicycle safety. He is GREAT! His wife comes along to help me out and encourage the missionaries to follow up on all referrals, as that is her responsibility in the mission.
Lunch was part of the schedule this time...and it was fun to see that Elder Nicholas baked banana bread, while Sister Greenwood brought Lunchables...the tables have been turned!
They ate lunch during the training video.
The Zone Leaders did some great practice teaching on using "Inspired questions" in teaching. This concept does not relate only to missionary work. It is an eternal principle of really seeking to understand people through asking good questions. It is great practice!
We find that we really practice things that happen in real life. Very worthwhile!
Elders Barber and Cassiano are the fearless Zone Leaders in the Phoenix Zone. They love those that they serve!
One of our focuses this month has been CLEANING. I think I may have mentioned that I was shocked by some of the things that I had seen in apartments last month...including SISTERS APARTMENTS and decided that we needed to make a "how-to" video showing even the most simple tasks. Of course, it was funny and involved our own lovable missionaries as the cast.
40 minutes of 52 missionaries showing about 25 tasks!
Then I resurrected the CLEANING RELAY RACE from last April...it is lots of fun and a good break in the day!
It is always fun to see the style and finesse of the missionaries!
Check out more photos on the link at the top of the post!!
Here is the squeaky clean Phoenix Zone!
Kneeling: Elders Fenton, Neves, Mack, Cassiano, Albrecht and Nicholas.
Standing: Elder Steinfeldt, Sisters Scott and Greenwood, Elders Barber, Hastings, Beck, Forson, Jarvis, Munoz, Cassity and Sisters Taylor and Romero.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELDERS FENTON AND ALBRECHT!!
At the end of the meeting we talked with this zone about the upcoming changes to our mission boundaries. The area they currently serve in will belong to the Tempe Mission beginning July 1. All missionaries serving in that zone as of June 21 will belong to that realigned mission. All metro missions are affected.
Believe me, we have shed and continue to shed tears...but we know that we can LIFT WHERE WE STAND!!
We know that it does not matter where we serve, it matters HOW we serve and WHO we serve!
They were able to lift the piano with one hand only.
WE CAN DO GREAT THINGS WHEREVER WE SERVE!
As Elder Fenton said, "When I opened my call, I knew I was going to serve where the Lord wanted and needed me. The song I sang was "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go" He knows, as we do, that we are all serving the same master wherever we serve.
Great day of learning and growing and understanding in the Phoenix Zone!
No comments:
Post a Comment