One of my great blessings is that there are so many more that I can go out with!!
This month I got to go with first, Sisters Jackson and Brown. OK, can you tell that we had someone not as handy with the camera taking our photo. We laughed so hard as Bernina was taking these! She cut off Sister Jacksons head in the first and we are fuzzy in the second.
But...At least we are HAPPY!
We taught two lessons that night and just loved both of them. We get to bring the Spirit into peoples homes and that is a privilege beyond measure.
These Sisters have to be some of the kindest and sweetest I know. They are just perfectly suited to each other and their ward just loves them!
Next, I got to go with Sisters Townsend and Seaman. BTW, their ward loves them too!
They were on bike, and I really wished I could bring mine, but I picked them up and we did one prayer with a darling member family and asked for referrals and then taught a first lesson to a man who flagged them down the other day.
Could be the most interesting lesson I have been to yet.
He was a wonderful man with many intellectual studies of scripture and many religions who is interested to know what we believe and how that will fit in with what works in his experience. The Sisters were MASTER TEACHERS just testifying and accepting and loving him and respecting his belief system without backing down. They invited him to Church and he accepted...Can't wait to see how he enjoys it! We love our brothers and Sisters in the world!
I was able to pop over for a pre-baptism lesson the week before MADDIE was baptized.her Sister missionaries were Sisters Summerhays and Franz. They are adorable and did such a great job with the lesson that MADDIE TAUGHT TO US! Really.
Next I got to go out with Sisters Muhlestein and Carrigan. We taught a couple lessons and they are MASTER TEACHERS as well! They just get along with people and know the right questions to ask so they can help them learn what they need.
The next week I got to go out with Sisters Morrison and Hutchinson. It was delightful!
We were going to try to find less active members and check on a couple for the Bishopric. We seriously visited about 6 places in one night and got a lot done for the ward! Met some less active, prayed with a couple and invited others to ward events. They are just so normal and natural! I admire them so much each time I am with the SISTER MISSIONARIES!!
This final week I started by going out with Sisters Wade and Brewer. We made a couple less active family visits before going on splits where I stayed with Sister Brewer and Sister Wade went out with a ward Sister.
We taught a less active couple and their two children who are not members yet. The 13 year old son was asking such good questions that it totally reminded me of Joseph Smith and the good questions that he asked leading to the Restoration. This of course, led us to talk about that experience. Oh the power of a good question!
GREAT TEACHER IN SISTER BREWER!!!
Can you tell I have been busy this month?
I finished by going out up in Prescott with Sisters Beck and A Walker. They are GREAT! They are one of our sets of Sister Training Leaders and you would know why if you saw them in action. They are genuinely more concerned about others than themselves. We are so blessed to have the wonderful Sister Missionaries serving here in this mission. I cannot imagine NOT having as many as we have now!!!
You know...YOU could be this happy too, if you would go out with the missionaries in YOUR AREA! Offer your services!
No comments:
Post a Comment