We had posters with the expectations of Sister Dress and Grooming from lds.org and the Elders asked why I did not have posters for them...so, I decided to take a few from this zone and then print more from online to make Elder posters as well for the rest of the Interview discussions. If you want to see the Church approved photos, go to https://www.lds.org/callings/missionary/dress-grooming
Shall we start with Elder Zaugg? Since backpacks are no longer Missionary Department Approved, I told him he could be the photo with the red slash across it for my poster so he hammed it up with the crooked tie, one sleeve up, pant stuck in his sock and backpack. OK, his expression works too.
Love it! He is awesome!
Alright, I threw in this photo from this week when I took a couple elders shopping...I love to help them find a new suit if I have time, and I use my discounts at Penneys to help them out.
We found some definite what NOT to wear in the hats and tan jacket...but guess what, the boots would actually be OK now, and the coat would be great.
Elders Moala and Janzen were great models for me at the store!
Here is Elder Pemberton modeling the new and APPROVED side-bags that all Elders are now supposed to use. (Phasing them in a few at a time...)
We did teach them how to insert a camelbak bladder into the side- bag with velcro and straps to hold the mouthpiece in place up the strap on a side-bag.
Doesn't he look great?
Then there was Elder Skalka modeling long sleeve white shirt, and the latest approved colorful ties (not too bright) but great color, and in honor of NO-BULLYING WEEK or something like that. I wish I would have known!
Next we have our Elder Van Kampen checking into STYLE 501
He can pull it off with no effort! He models the classic short sleeve shirt worn about 8 months of the year here in Phoenix area.
Elder Linkogle shows us a nice brown suit with matching brown shoes that look just great! He looks like a Preach My Gospel missionary to be sure!
Elder Elliott was my inspiration for the photo shoot in the first place. I saw his lighter color suit and his great tie and said, "We need a picture of you!"
Elder Castro had the total CLASSIC look of the day. He looked so crisp and fresh in a really nice dark suit and side-bag. We just love him!
Elder E Jones loves to know that he chose the same suit as our son Braden did for his mission a couple months ago...the lighter color is now approved and works so well in the hotter climates.
Elder Merrill has another classic darker suit with striped tie and really does look like a suit model, right?
And Elder Mason, is (can I say adorable?) so handsome in his GQ pose with a very sharp looking suit and tie!
Sisters got in on the act to show that Sisters too carry only a side bag or purse anymore. No backpacks for Sisters unless they have a back problem, then we help them find a nice backpack/purse that does not make them look like students.
Great photos for me to add to my Dress and Grooming posters for incoming missionary trainings!
THANKS FOR SUPPORTING YOUR GREAT MISSIONARIES...They look like ambassadors for the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment